Saturday, October 19, 2013

Swan Song



Ripples of hopes, dreams and life
Form and fade; my thoughts at strife.
But tranquilly I float on the blue tides,
To collect some moments to boost my vanishing light.

The long winter looms to take over the water
And freeze it – emotionless; Will it morn my departure?
The night chills, memoir of this haughty swan
That was once an ugly duckling - forlorn.

My world was this lake serene
The other side of this bridge still lays unseen
Wish I had some more days to stall
And just see the auburn aura, sweep again, next fall

Some last notes of my song remain,
But my heart pleads to rewind the whole tune again.
I fade to nothingness with the dead harp of death,

Yet rendition of my last song reverberates the lost notes of faith.

-Vaisakhi Mishra

4 comments:

  1. You had me at ripples of hope, dream and life. Just reading these three words together make my heart weak. They always look wonderful strung in a sentence... And it is a beautiful read sweetie <3

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Richa...:D...means a lot coming from you...:)

      Delete
  2. Very very well written vaisakhi. Loved ur post

    ReplyDelete